Wednesday, August 1, 2012

DIY: Scallop Wall Art

I love my 1" circle punch and am always seeking new and fun ways to use it - so "You are my Fave"'s blog is ideal for my crafting desires!  Check out their blog and see what other DIYs you fall in love with and want to try!

DSC_0570
To make your own, you’ll need:
- thin pieces of wood
(the kind I use is called an MDF handy panel, and if you bat your eyes the men at Home Depot will cut it to whatever size you ask)
-colorful cardstock
-a circle puncher
-glue
DSC_0415
Punch lots of circles from your colorful cardstock.
DSC_0418
Then, mark your piece of wood along the edge at half the size of your circles. For example, my circles were two inches, so I made one inch marks along each side. Then connect the dots and make lines across the wood to guide you.
DSC_0420
Using your lines to guide each row, get to gluing! DSC_0422
Let each rows of circles hang on top of the row below – that creates your scallops.DSC_0526

No comments:

Post a Comment