Sunday, August 19, 2012

DIY: Upcycle Glass Vases

What a great and inexpensive way to upcycle a glass vase!  We love this idea from Starshine using just some glass vases and a touch of cheap paint from the local craft store.  We are sure you can find vases in pretty much any Goodwill in your area!  So, go grab one and jazz up your living room on the cheap!

I picked up 3 clear glass vases from my local thrift store for 50 cents each.

Then I bought the cheapest craft paint from Michael's. This was 59 cents a bottle. I got Robin's Egg Blue.
Squirt some paint inside the bottle & keep turning the bottle until the inside is coated with paint. Just squirt a little bit of paint at a time. You don't want to use too much or you'll have a ton at the bottom. I did turn upside down & poured out the extra paint. Be sure to wipe the paint off the lip of the vase. And no, this is not my hand. I had hubby demonstrate while I took the photo.

After each vase was coated with the paint, I placed on their side to dry. I kept turning them every 5 minutes or so for an hour. You don't want them to lay on one side for very long or all the paint will go to that one side. Darn that gravity. Keep turning them every few minutes. After an hour or so I felt it was dry enough to stand up.



No comments:

Post a Comment