Wednesday, August 15, 2012

DIY: Dollar Store Candle Makeover

We love dollar store shopping, despite its dangerousness since we have ZERO self control in there....

But thanks to Banman Land's blog, we'll have some direction on what we want to buy next time we go!  We love being able to jazz up our dollar store finds, and they've done a wonderful job with these number candles!  So easy, so quick, but so very cute!


Ok, I have revamped a few Dollar Store candles and gotten a lot of questions and comments so I thought I'd talk you all through it.


Here's what Maddie's birthday candle looked like when I bought it.
Kinda predictable.

I grabbed some glittery puff paint
{not to be confused with glitter glue}
I stuck all sorts of cute buttons and tiny rhinestones in the inside of the outline with the puff paint.
{If I hadn't liked the teal outline for my party theme, I would have re-outlined it with my sparkly puff paint)

I let it dry for an hour
{at least}

After it was dry,

I gently stuck a toothpick into the bottom of the candle.


Here's what it looked like when I got finished with it.
{oops, this is BEFORE the toothpick but you can imagine what that would look like, right?}

No comments:

Post a Comment