Monday, October 15, 2012

DIY: Nailhead Pumpkins

Strictly Simple Style is the perfect blog for people like us.  Simple but elegant DIYs!

Be sure to check them out for more DIYs!!
I love simple projects and this is one of the simplest. I purchased my nails online but since this post first published I found that they are available at Hancock Fabrics in several finishes for about $1.29 per box, more than enough to finish several pumpkins. To save money, after Thanksgiving I removed the nails so that I could use them again for this year's pumpkins.

Image from myhomeideas.com

Besides the traditional orange pumpkins, I also wanted to pick up a few white ones for a project I saw here and just loved, embellishing a pumpkins with decorative nails.

I started by printing a letter "E" and taping it to my pumpkin.


Next, I took a pen and traced the outline of the letter just hard enough that a faint line would be left on the exterior of the pumpkin.

To finish, I pressed the nails into the pumpkin following the line that I had traced. In minutes I was done. (I don't call this blog "Strictly Simple Style" for nothing!) No carving necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment