Tuesday, October 23, 2012

DIY: Glitter Word Art

Vanilla and Velvet's blog has a wonderful DIY for Glittery Word Art.  It's so simple and makes such a statement we think you could make this and then decorate a whole room off of this project!
Materials
Directions
First paint the canvas any color of your choice.  Next, create stencils for your word, my letteres were 10 inches in height and the  font I used was Arial Black in size 500, after printing the letters I doubled their size– I guess that makes it size 1,000. Trace stencil with a dull pencil on the painted canvas.  Fill outline in with glitter paint- this may take several layers depending on how much glitter you are looking for.
Paint Background, I used 1 bottle of Martha Stuart pearl paint  in mother of pearl and a small brush for a horizontal stripe effect.
Print out letters and create a large word stencil.  I used Arial Black in size 500, after printing the letters I doubled their size– I guess that makes it size 1,000, they ended up being 10 inches in height.
Lay stencils on the dry canvas, use a ruler to make sure you have everything centered.  There was 7 inches above and below and about 3 inches on the sides.
Using a dull pencil lightly trace the stencils.
Fill in outlined letters with glitter paint, this will take several layers.
Several layers later….

No comments:

Post a Comment