We love this DIY project from Crafting a Green World! Who doesn't wish they could do something productive with all that junk mail? Now you can! Turn it into a fun little notepad / notebook and always have something handy in your purse to write on. Make one for a friend or keep one at your work desk.
We think that you could even get a customized stamp and turn these into neat little "calling cards" to give to people that you meet. Put your website name, personal info, or even your Facebook URL on them for easy handouts!
How to Make a Notepad Out of Junk MailMaterials
- About 7 security envelopes
- Glue stick
- Stapler and staples
1. Measure, mark with pencil, and cut your security envelopes into 7 pieces that are 2.5″ X 5″ apiece.
2. Fold your pieces of paper in half, so each one is 2.5″ X 2.5″, then nestle them together so that
they’re all book-like.
3. To make your cover a little bit stronger than the other pages, you’re going to glue two pieces of security envelope together. Cut out your two pieces, and use your glue stick to glue them together right sides out. Fold this in half and nestle it over your interior pages.
4. Use a clothespin or binder clip to hold your pages and cover in place on one side, then open up your notepad and staple the spine near the top and bottom along the crease.
5. Of course, this leaves an unsightly staple on the edge of your notepad. We can’t have that! Let’s cover it up. Grab a scrap piece of security envelope, and cut it to 3/4″ by slightly shorter than 2.5″. Fold it in half, so that it’s 3/8″ X 2.5″, apply your glue stick over the wrong side of the paper, then nestle it over the spine, pressing down well to get out any air bubbles.
Voila! Toss your mini notepad into your purse, and you’ll never be without paper again.