While we realize that the Fourth of July has passed, we feel that this tutorial is so easy and fun it's good to be used year round! 100 Directions shows you how to whip this up in a jiff, and imagine how cute this would look at a baby shower, wedding table, anniversary celebration (gold for the 50 year!), or anything really...maybe we'll just decorate the house in fun summer color just because we can! What about you...do you love them like we do??
Materials you need:
- Crepe paper streamers
Step by step instructions to make patriotic pom pom decorations:
- Cut cardboard into a rectangle approximately 3″ x 6″. The size of this piece is directly related to how big or small your pom poms can be.
- Layer the colors of paper you want to use and wrap around the cardboard at least 7 times. The more you wrap, the thicker your pom pom.
- Slide the wrapped paper off the cardboard and tie a ribbon around the middle. Be careful to not tie to tightly to prevent tearing the paper. This ribbon can be used to hang your pom poms later, so make it long enough to tie and hang.
- Cut the edges of the paper, first cut the end of the loop and then cut toward the ribbon in strips.
- Carefully fluffy the pom pom pieces by gently pulling and moving them around until you get the desired look.