Friday, December 14, 2012

DIY: Christmas Present Topiary

That Village House has a wonderful idea for decorating either the inside of your house or outside of your house with a large topiary!  We could totally see this being made in a mini version using dowels and smaller boxes as a great center piece for a table!

pletely done, but I thought I would share it with you anyway.
I started with 3 different sized boxes...9, 12 & 14 inch cubes.
I used an ice pick to punch holes in each of them so that I could run a rebar through them. (It's easier to do the holes first, before getting them all wrapped & pretty.) For the smaller boxes, I slightly off-centered my holes, so that the boxes would tilt on each other.
Then I wrapped them and made bows for each.
Tip: Keep your wrapping paper pattern running the same direction.
Tip #2: Before you poke holes through the paper, put a little tape on it. It will help the paper from ripping.
I also made sure my seams were right down the middle of the boxes so that the ribbon would cover them up. And I used double-sided tape to hold the ribbon and bows in place. I'd love to take credit for these tidbits, but again, I straight up copied this idea!!

No comments:

Post a Comment