Tuesday, November 13, 2012

DIY: Paper Pinecone Ornaments

The Hybrid Chick has a great paper ornament design that we will be trying out for our tree.  We need to stop by Michael's or Joann's craft stores and get some fun paper!

Be sure to check out her blog for more!

I ended up using about 1 1/2 pages of 8.5×11 paper, but I’m sure it would vary depending on how layered you want the pinecone to look. I cut the paper into 1 inch strips.
Then I cut them again at about 1 inch and then folded each one so that there was a point on one side, as seen below.
Next, I took the Styrofoam egg and the short applique pins and started attaching the folded papers on the narrow part of the egg first.
I worked my way around and up the egg to the wide part.  Once I got to the top, I left some unused portion of the egg open so I could add the ribbon and some embellishments.  I used a hot glue gun to add the embellishments.

No comments:

Post a Comment